Motivation is a curious thing. The desire to do things. Ultimately, everyone controls their own spark and owns their motivation. But we can help each other, and foster a culture of dedication, persistence, achievement, and effort by pointing to positive examples, and encouraging one other.
There’s a lot of motivational material out there, and it’s easy to get cynical about cheesy, pie-in-the-sky messages. What we do can be fun, and rewarding, but the world we live and work in is changing every minute, and the rate of change seems to increase every day.
So, these all passed the corny and cheesy test for me, and I hope they will for you. These quotes come from people whose achievements and work ethics I admire, and they reinforce principles that I think are a solid foundation for success:
- Don’t run from a challenge. Instead run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet. -Nadia Comaneci
- You can do more. You can always do more. -Dan Marino
- I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. -Michael Jordan
- If you don’t practice, you don’t deserve to win. -Andre Agassi
- Great players are willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group. It enhances everybody -Kareem Abdul Jabbar
- The most rewarding things you do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. -Arnold Palmer
- Winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else. -Vince Lombardi
- Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It’s our goal in life to find it & keep it lit. -Mary Lou Retton
- We have to have the mentality that we have to work for everything that we’re going to get. Steph Curry
- To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them. -Picabo Street
- Give yourself permission to shoot for something that seems totally beyond your grasp. You may be surprised at your capabilities -Danica Patrick
The principles? Be Yourself, Earn Your Keep, Prepare, Work Hard, Push Yourself, Share Success and Enjoy the Ride. If you can encourage, enable and inspire these in your team, you’ll have something special and who knows what you’ll achieve! We’re always interested in what works for you and what sales team need to be more successful. We’ll be glad to hear your comments!